Mix a Baobab Cocktail
Get a taste of Africa at home with a signature Batoka cocktail. Our in-house crafted Batoka Boabab Retreat recipe puts the essence of this ancient African tree front and centre with Boabab power as the key ingredient in a beautiful syrup blended with gin.
This delicious drink not only offers a unique taste but has health benefits too. Baobab powder is considered a powerful superfood rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals, known for its antioxidant and inflammation-reducing benefits. If you’re wondering where to find this speciality ingredient, most health stores and spice shops across Southern Africa will stock it. Find it online here.
This two-part recipe includes directions for creating the syrup, followed by how to use it in the cocktail.
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup water
1 cup sliced fresh ginger root, peeled
1 tablespoon of Baobab powder
- Place sugar and water into a small pot on medium heat.
- Stir until all sugar has melted.
- Add ginger and Baobab powder. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 min.
- Remove from the heat and steep for an hour, or until it reaches your preferred taste.
- Strain and bottle.
50ml Victoria Falls Gin
25ml Homemade baobab and ginger syrup
25ml Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Cucumber purée (blended cucumber)
- Add all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Wrap thin cucumber slices around the inside of the glass.
- Fill with ice.
- Pour into your glass of choice.
Sit back, close your eyes and imagine yourself floating in a luxury pool on your private deck overlooking the vast African plains.
Hear the calls of the wild and smell the grasslands after an afternoon thunderstorm. Want to sip on a Batoka Boabab Retreat in Africa? Make your dream a reality and visit Batoka for a luxurious, authentically African escape.
Find out more about how you can book an unforgettable stay with us here